Total Pageviews

Not the news I wanted but I m going to fight on

well this morning was the day, results of the PET scan, and I was hoping for seriously good news, but in my heart I knew it wouldn't be great news!
and I was right, more chemo needed Lenny is still there!
I thought we would be here but hoped to hear some better words, like well done Mrs M, you are a medical marvel, all fixed, off you go, your hair will return and we don't need to see you for ages now, off you go!
but no such luck, he tried to upload the picture on the screen to show me but the computer wouldn't play and I couldn't see how much it had reduced
the prof seemed pleased and was happy with the result, he wants me to have 5 chemos and then PET scan again, so today is 4, and then 5th May is chemo 5, then another scan to see where we are, fingers crossed its all gone then. or I may need more chemo, I can have up to 8 chemo sessions.
who knows what the future holds for me, that's the part I cant handle to b honest, the not knowing, not being able to plan much.
but then the positive news, nothing under the arm, the armpit is clear, which is good, and the prof said good progress, all in the right direction, he was happy, so I have decided to be happy with the result, it was unrealistic to expect it to be all gone now. that would make me a medical marvel, the incredible healing woman! and lets face it, I m not that lucky!
The fight continues, I will still be the winner, I m confident of that , just the battle will be a little longer than I hoped for !

No comments:

Post a Comment