Total Pageviews

race for life completed

so Sunday was the race for life day, all the girls came, dressed in pink, ready for a good walk in the sunshine to raise money to help everyone beat cancer, wouldn't be nice if they could cure everyone, maybe one day they will be able to.

it was glorious day, brilliant group to walk with, couldn't have celebrated 39 days in remission in a better way. we all walked together, it was hard to read the things people had written on the back of their shirts. some really lovely thing about me, wasn't expecting that. had a few tears and hid behind the shades( good job it was sunny) some racing had lots of reasons to race, RIP to all those that lost their fight, we raced Sunday for you, and in your memory. hope we made you all proud x

I felt so supported by the huge gang all together. and lots of supporters too. I had been worried about the day as I m so tired at the moment, I hoped I would manage the race, but with everyone there it didn't seem far at all and everyone chatting and being so wonderful I knew I would make it.
I'm paying the price for it now, aching all over but its worth it, as a group we raised an amazing amount, the group page stands at a total of £1345!, and others pages that walked with us take the total to a staggering £3714! couldn't be happier with that! its fantastic! what an amazing bunch, great racers and supporters,and sponsors! thank you to everyone who was part of the day, and huge thank for to those that travelled to support or race, Jo, Laura, Ed and Rich, all travelled to help make the day special
thank you to all the great walkers, !Mum, Mand,Sue, Emma, Linda, Emma, Mariah, Pat, Carla, Nat, Kelly, Tracey, Kelly, Nat, Mel Isabella, Emma and Ralph, Laura, what a group of wonderful people, thanks for supporting me, and Claire, great run Gregs, 10k, what a star, everyone in the group has been affected by cancer, one day maybe cancer wont be something everyone has to deal with , that's my wish for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment