Total Pageviews

Gold Dust

Round two started yesterday, up early almost keen to get going to kick Lenny out, the bailiff mean business, you’re not welcome Lenny! I know you have packed a few of your things are we saw that you had reduced but you need to take the whole thing and get out of town please, we have a good leaving party for you as no one wants to see you again, sorry sounds harsh but you aren’t very popular­, and don’t bother anyone else either, best you leave the county/planet universe!
First need to remember what yesterday was for my family, a sad day before round two, We all miss Uncle Phil, so much fun, he would have told Lenny to do one ! I feel like I was looked after yesterday as it went so well, reckon that was you Phil and maybe Granddad doodling something next to you shading with a few different pencils taking his time and drawing a few pics of the chemo lounge ! Love and miss you both, but enough as already tears while I m typing, Well done Auntie and cousins, sorry I added to the upset/worry yesterday .But he was busy as you got the house Emma and Kieron we turned it around yesterday. Cant wait to see the new pad. X
Yesterday I was up early, and managed to get confirmation of the boys bike ride to support the Charity at the hospital, met Sara yesterday and they seemed pleased, saw the total was at at £75, this morning, thanks for the sponsors, cheered up to see that today. As to be honest I feel shocking today.  
Our boys sponsor page for the Bike ride published! http://www.justgiving.com/Tracey-Merryweather
I got My Lottie ready, she looked gorgeous always does, Nannie arrived and she was excited about helping nannie for the day and waved us blew kisses at the station, least I get to come home this time back to her for a cuddle

black eye nearly gone!





Decided to work the scarf, figured be a few baldies there, and the wig felt more odd, scarf needed an outing, build some confidence up
We got on the train, Keith bought first class ticket, so we could get a seat and make sure we had one for  the way home, it was a great idea, read my magazines from Sarah thank you sweetie, saved them for yesterday read my horoscope again, made me laugh
Gemini 22 May to 21 June
“You are in the mood to throw yourself into some work and your optimism lifts the mood of everyone around you. Now is the time to put your imagination into work on a five year plan that suddenly seems really achievable”
Really made me smile I do feel a bit like, best think about this 5 year plan!

Arrived at Hospital early, found the building we had to go to for chemo as was different last time, then went to eat my last tasty breakfast for a week or more, not sure how /what to expect this time , as i will have to say bye to taste buds, its a side effect of the chemo, it will be back just in time for ulcers and before next chemo on 24th March three weeks time.
We went to boots to get a drink, bought a new lipgloss too “called take a chance!”
We were there early but when arrived impressed, well organised busy but good. I was in to see Professor D Linch, we were really happy with that and although he was running later would rather wait and see him.
We were clled in about 11.30 and felt nervous, he was brilliant,we had a list of questions at the end and end he was more thank happy to answer
I wont be taking GCSF this time, when i go neutropenic it should be as bad this time if it is then next time and becomes a problem we will but the side effects sound nasty so I prefer not and will listen to whatever his advice is
The big results
Chances of these 4 cycles of chemo getting rid of it???
.....................80% chance I could be in remission after this OMG better than I thought,
25 % chance of it returning, lovwer than I thought, another answer that made me feel better,
He confirmed it had reduced in size but at the end of the 4 cycles so in June I ll have a PET scan, the radioactive one, and that will show up any cancerous cells, they glow ! lets hope Lenny is gone by then! And maybe I need some radio therapy and I can get on with my life again!
We then went to phamrist, loved how organised it was, Medication all waiting for me, and then we were sent downstairs to the chemo lounge as me and Keith called it, lots of blue recliners in a room full of people having chemo! Quite relaxed with amazing staff that really know their stuff, we were impressed
Had the chemo felt tired but couldn’t sleep. Met the Sara about our boys bike ride, and thanked us for the sponsors. Told her a few of our plans got some posters to put up for the boys at work etc so will circulate those.
All done by 5.30, not bad will be quicker next time as one of them is harsh the Ritiuximab , they give it slowly in case of reactions. We left in taxi for station, nice to be going home, want to see Lottie, and Mum and Mandy and Dad
Mum picked us up from the station at Hitchin, went home Lottie was snuggled up with Auntie Mandy, bug cuggles all round, felt really good to see them, they looked tired probably had a more tiring day than us, Mum def with Lottie! Had already given them the good news about remission chances  Mum will come with me next time so Keith can look after ¸glad she wants to come.
Skyped Cousins and Auntie, they were ok, wanted to see they were alright, even all laughed, they were all crammed around the computer, laughing at each other J
Had a bath with Lottie and daddy put her bed while I rested, tried to eat then went to bed slept ok but up at 4am today, will sleep later if I can.
Love you Keith, Lottie, Mum, Mandy , Daddy I m going to be all fixed by the Summer I feel it , then we can have our holiday, I better organise the car, hope it’s as cool as lasts years! Going to need that holiday Prof Linch said I will feel a beat beaten up by the end of the 4 cycles, wont take me long to get ready with no hair to do!

todays theme tune for my Gregs Gold Dust DJ Fresh, cool video too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNuUgbUzM8U sponsored skip anyone! ? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment