Total Pageviews

Round three, ding ding!

woke up early today, bit nervous, shouldn't be as I ve done this twice before now!
But this time I knew it might not happen, blooming lazy neutros!
Me and mum got the train today, mum talked non stop! bring back Mr M least I has some peace! lol bless her, think she was more nervous than me! she looked lovely, always does though, makes me proud to be with her at the station, no coffee for mum but a warm drink for me! it was freezing but sunny , so still glad I didnt take a coat with me. Nan thinks not taking a coat out makes you ill! welol maybe thats why I ve got the cancer! I should have listened to Nan love her!

got here in plenty of time and had some breakfast, went to the third floor for the blood test, took out ticket and went to wait, wasn't there ling before my they called 54! and they took some more blood, result were back in a flash, in an envelope to show the Professor, couldn't resist opening them to sneak a look

neutros ....0.86, higher than yesterday but not  at 1 where we wanted! dreaded things, still yesterday they were 0.6, they must have listened when I gave them a stern talking to last night! and a work out!
Prof seemed pleased, so I was pleased, didnt see hm for long, just for a little but enough to feel happy with what was happening. and wanted to crack on with the chemo on the basis that it wasn't extremely low, it was nearly there and if I agreed I could have the GCSF injection to boost them as they are lazy neutros and having the injection may prevent the n word this cycle.
The GCSF does have side effects and like all the drugs, it doesn't affect all people, hopefully as the amazing healing woman I will be ok!
the side effects are aching bones etc as the injection boots the neutro production which happens int he bone marrow, so it makes sense really!

This way I may be fine for Lotties birthday too,  as may not go neutro, her birthday is day 10, danger zone for neutropic, so we shall see
oh the other bit of news is that I will be giving myself the injections, I agreed to it, this way it happens when I choose, no where to go no appointments etc, someone will come and show me the first one and teach me, I can handle that right? its just an injection. The pharmacist showed me the needle, didn't look too bad to me !

I used to be needle phobic, but I ve been on an intense needle therapy course since the 11th Feb, I cant handle any now! even doing my own! (maybe)

We came done to the chemo lounge where I sit now typing my blog, felt drowsy, as the piriton they give you makes me feel this wave of tiredness overcomes you  followed by a fight between tired and wide awake as the steroid's have the opposite effect, its a bit like Harry Hill steroid's, vs piriton who wins! FIGHT! !!

showed mum the chemo lounge and how normal its seems all these people sitting around in blue chairs having their chemo, some look poorly some like me less ill, some young, some old, one having a blood transfusion a real mixed bag of folks, all here for there own reason but I m sure the same, to get to the end result as my Dad says, to get be better, a means to an end!

Mum went to get me a sandwich, steroid's make me hungry but still have a sore mouth, cheese sandwich arrived, tasty too,m sent mum for chocolate and to call daddy, she arrived back now with bag shopping cake stands wash bags you name it ! bless her, I want to go to the shop! stuck on my drip!  anyway she is back now, lucozade in her hand! best keep her company! lol

x

No comments:

Post a Comment