Total Pageviews

monday

Monday morning, and feel ok bit very tired
the tired thing is annoying, I m 31 not 101!
got lots that needs doing and the house to run, lucky I have an amazing husband! who is doing so much
had a lovely weekend, spending time with my family, stayed at mum and dads on friday for a nice dinner and relaxing time, went out for a bit in the morning with Lottie and Mand, which was nice, like a normal sat morning
home to Mands for lunch but not all was well! thought I was neutro , called the out of hours team from ucl and advised I got to hospital
I should be more used to this now but did feel very upset at the thought of being seperated from my gorgeous girl Lottie again, but put a brave face on adn said see you on the pooter later!
gave her a huge squeeze and me and Mnad headed to the Lister
they were really good, kept me away from the other people waiting and put me in resus 4 as there were no side rooms avaiable , we could see alot from there though!
blood taken and line put in my hand we waited for the results
it didnt seem to take long, I was tired but could not sleep, too noisy and busy and head was thinking too much!
The doctor came and I was sent for xray again, to check for infection etc
I wondered if I would be able to find out if Lenny had packed up any more belongings since the last xray?
The doctor came back with some results,good news he said, your not pregnant! I know that !  but he was being nice and normal and I liked that!
the next news was the neutrophil count 1.2 lower than is should be but last time is 0.22! so much better!
white blood count down too and forgot to ask about the the platelets!
he went to check with registrar but said I would prob be staying overnight :-(
I said to mand if we get out of here I m celebrating with a nice Italian takeaway for us both and Keith and Lottie but that goes without saying, we deserved it the most after waiting in the hospital for hours , I m sure Mand has better things to do on a Saturday, I m a very lucky lady to have such a great sister.

He came back, more good news, x ray results back, ould I like to see them?
of course, I leapt up , did he not notice what a control freak I am as I wrote everything in my book!
When he showed me he said" have you seen the first xray its , erm not very nice"
I told him I had, and yes it fille my chest, and was huge! hence why I didn't sleep or breathe well in January!
He clicked on todays xray..... where was Lenny? I couldn't see him! wanted to ask for a print off!
it was small and I wanted to scream with happiness, I know this doesn't mean its over yet but it really is good news, two more chemos to go so sorry Lenny, you will have to go, as we dont want to see you anymore! and looks like you might be listening!

skipped down the corridor! and we  packed stuff up and nearly ran of without the oral antibiotics and with a line in my hand, the nurse came and we were able to leave, home for takeaway! as promised!

Sunday went out for breakfast a real treat with Tracey and would def go again! Radcliffe arms is great ! saw the family and then rested, very tired and tired today too but never mind, Lenny has reduced in size and that's all I need to know right now!

looks like I may be running that race for life in July
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment