Total Pageviews

Listen

Monday 7th March
Had a lovely Sisters Sunday, went out on our own, sorry Lottie, big girls only, wander and some lunch in St Albans, thanks sis, you are the best, really lovely morning and home for a sleep, and a film, perfect Sunday happiness!
Brilliant news to start to a Monday morning, Toms Fund raising reached an amazing effort and total, beyond all expectations! Total now standing at £1080.10! thank you again Tom, a real hero, I m sure the UCLH are just as happy as I am, when I started this journey I didn’t expect the support I’ve had over the last few weeks, it’s all still overwhelming and won’t ever be forgotten, pics to follow soon!
Got ready, had a bath, and was shocked when I looked in the bath after I got out, didn’t remember shaving, then I realised, it was the hair from my head filling the bath, least it’s not long clumps now, just short spiked ones,I made that decision too, not you Lenny ! Note to self come payday need a few hats its so cold when you get up/go to bed with no hair, how do these boys have these short hair cuts! I m cold all the time!
First day of Keith going to work, wish he could be here all the time, But two special friends coming over, Uni girls! Only part of our bunch but very pleased to see them
We were incomplete today, without Jo and Kel but it was amazing to see them and meet Harrison too! Felt broody but not sad, it was lovely to see the girls, had some laughs despite the underlying sadness that is in the background at the moment, and hope to be able to see them all together very soon, fingers crossed that Neutropenia doesn’t get in the way!
Keith went to work and mum came to help me, don’t really like the thought that I can’t do everything I used for myself but I will get used to it and its only temporary, it could be worse, it could be forever, so no dwelling on that! I won’t allow it; I have a nice roster for helpers in the mornings until Mr M returns! We do need to sort something out, Lottie can’t go to nursery it’s a giant germ fest and I can’t be open to these germs with my rubbish immune system, really need to get so much sorted out, head hurts thinking about it all.  I Will add it to the list !
Have had some tumour pain today, well aches etc, think its Lenny getting his head kicked in so kind of makes me happy if that sounds odd!
Mandy popped in for lunch as was working in Letchworth, then Keith arrived, so only a few moments alone, phew. Mand went off to work and we had a little rest, Keith took Lottie to the park so I could rest, hard to sleep yesterday as so much paperwork etc to complete but tried my best! I have written a list and will work my way through it this week
Mand arrived for her normal Monday tea time; we took Lottie to McDonalds for a treat she likes chippys and milkshake! And she had been so good a real star all day! She really is growing up! She loved the baby too! Really gentle, mummy was proud of her. We went to the baldock services, so we could try and win a toy for her as well, no such luck! Bit cross we always win, but not this time, but have to admit our luck has changed recently!
Lottie went to bed when we got in, told me to tidy up! I don’t think so love! Instead went for a short walk round the supermarket with my mum, was really nice, silly I know but something normal! Came home in time for an early night! Life on the edge!
It has been a hard few days this weekend, some difficult decisions and news for 2 different close friends, and my cancer/Lenny will not get in the way of me being there for either of you, you know who you are, and I m still your friends, with r without Lenny, two very different problems, but both huge, love you both, please don’t feel I can’t help/talk things over, I want to help you both. Enough said, but we are a strong bunch of girls! But you already know that, text/call me anytime, I m home, with tea and cuddles long as you are both germ free! Or we can skype, it’s the future!
Went to bed with an itchy head! Hurry up and fall out hair, driving me crazy, had a bath before Keith left and more hair came out, but not enough!  Dad coming to help me today, got a few jobs for him! But he likes it, and it keeps me and him happy, he will be busy and I will get a few DIY jobs done, he can have lunch as a reward and Lottie is very excited about granga coming to play. lovely doctor calling today, must not forget. Then Mr M will return and it will be nap time again, I see a pattern developing here! I do like a routine!
Looking forward to tomorrow’s special guest Mrs Ellis, we always have a laugh even when we were at the hospital! So a busy week, then I’ve pencilled in neutropenia for anytime after Thursday as its most likely to happen on day 7-10 after chemo, hoping it arrives Friday or sat so i don’t miss seeing the gang from work on Thursday after work, keep your fingers crossed, it ruined it last time! But that was day 10 after chemo, so maybe I ll be lucky, but luck isn’t my thing at the moment!
Sisters song today ...for you Mand, sing it loud on the way to work!



1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow - I shall bring my sunglasses ;o).
    Love you xxx

    ReplyDelete