Total Pageviews

Cancer for dummies :-)

Treatment plan
How this things works! And I get rid of this squatter ! I never gave you permission to grow, so do one Lenny I m a bit too very  busy for cancer don’t ya know!
When I was in hospital I thought I could write a book, the control freaks guide to cancer, The tumournator, Cancer for dummies, the day after tumourmorow!
 maybe this blog will start it for me
Maybe I need a fighter name, to go with my boxing gloves from Fluff!!
 like Beyonce, Sasha Fierce! Maybe I ll have  Suggestions please! Running out of ideas, think I m burning my brain out!  
But I am learning to slow down, I m still 100 miles an hour, but this time I m more focused and feel like it’s a worthwhile thing to invest in. Things seem very clear!
I have a plan, everyone knows I like a plan, to be organised makes me happier, and it’s my way to deal with it all.
Treatment plan below:
Before chemo, blood test , Wednesday 2nd, at the Lister to check blood levels before chemo next day
Thursday 3rd March up to the UCLH for 2nd round of chemo
feel free to look over the site, donate, sign up for charity fundraising, totally brilliant there, really looked after me, a brilliant team and one of the reasons I want to help raise as much money as possible for them and Lymphoma and Cancer charities this summer.
above link to the Lymphoma charity, light a candle, organise a tea break sponsored at work , charity change boxes or wear it purple on Lymphoma awareness week  12-18 September, our anniversary week to, I ll be pushing this and would love some help its easy to do too! Buy a t shirt, or anything from the shop! T shirt for race for life, only £3!
We all know what we  are fighting , mine is aggressive, grows quick but reacts well and should go quick! Big isn’t bad like I first thought, as the beast was 18x10x8 cm! In my chest! No wonder couldn’t lay down or breathe!
had my bone marrow result yesterday..........ALL CLEAR, will be celebrating tonight with a glass of milk, or something as equally exciting, mouth is sore as have ulcers another side effect!
My cycle is a three week cycle, so chemo every three weeks, first one done giant tick!
Then they want me to 4 cycles, so 12 weeks then they will scan me to see what’s happened, it could be all gone, taking me to the summer to recover and maybe have some radiotherapy that’s the result I want not thinking about anything else, I ll deal with the first 12 weeks and get there first!
So back to next Thursday! Next chemo session at UCLH, 10.30 3rd March
 First I ll see the consultant again first to see how I am then the chemo drugs, Keith coming with me
then start the chemo, on a drip, will be quicker this time, all 5 in one go
I m on R Chop
side effects below! Just a few! Will have a bad week but least I m an outpatient this time, will get to come home on the 3rd March, and be ill for a week or so, until I get to where I am now the N word!
Side effects
v  Flu like symptoms, I had the flu anyway so who knows If I ll get this one next time!
v  Low blood pressure
v  Hot flushes
v  Low resistance to infection ( this is where I am now in the cycle)
v  Sickness ( like worst hangover u ever had x10)
v  No appetite , struggling to eat weird feeling too
v  Bruising, bleeding
v  HAIR LOSS, the big one, not there yet can take a bit longer, so far it’s still there!
v  Tiredness
v  Sore mouth ulcers( got them now, really painful) L
v  Hungry from steroids! (ironic when you can’t eat!)
v  Taste changes, for me it all tastes like poison, this gets better after week or so, so bit better now but last week water tasted terrible!
v  Numbness and tingling had that in my arms and legs and feet!
So after this terrible list and week of feeling like a bag of spanners, I ll feel bit better but will be waiting to go NEUTROPENIC!  
Need to look for the signs and call my nurse, she advises, and will result in a few days in hospital ( this is where I am in my cycle now!) very pleased I recognised the signs and got in will know what to look for next time
I ll have a few antibiotic IVs and be better and come home when my blood count returns to normal,
My result was 0.8  a count of 2.5-7.5 x 109/L is a standard normal range
Once mine return I can go home and they need to be ready for the next round of chemo! Which is Thursday, and we start all over again!!! That’s the future for the Merryweathers for 12 weeks, now you all know as much as I do, the whole cycle/ treatment plan, hope I’ve answered all the questions, sorry haven’t been able to answer them but been a little bit busy with cancer and neutropenic sepsis, now I m feeling bit better I wanted to get this straight for myself ,family and friends, thank you again for all the messages/mails, texts ideas for fundraising, flowers, cards, presents, totally overwhelmed still, not sure I deserve any of it, the niceness that it, Not sure what happened to deserve the Lymphoma either but stick with him for now, until I can kick him out, he didn’t get permission and I don’t think he knows who he is messing with, I m too busy for all this illness , going to turn it all round for the best summer ever, when I have a good day I will be making the very most of it, Doctors orders!
Few jobs to do first, get a grant to buy laptop so I can stay in touch with everyone, Mum lent me hers so cant Skype her while I m, here, but I think I can fix that, fingers crossed, then  back to fundraising!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment